Steamed Rice and Pork Balls
- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 6 dried shitake mushrooms
- 500 g (1 lb) minced pork
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 glove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons water chestnuts, finely chopped
- Cut the pineapple in half, and scoop the insides out. Keep the insides as dessert.
- In a pan, fry ham, snow peas, carrots, and prawns until cooked. Then add rice. Stir fry until mixed well, and season with salt, white soya sauce, and peppercorns. Remove from heat.
- Put the fried rice in the pineapple, and sprinkle with dried shredded pork. Then, bake at 300 F for 20 minutes.