Baked Fried Rice in Pineapple
- 1 pineapple, small
- 1 slice of ham, cut into small pieces
- 2 mall prawns, boiled and peeled
- 2 tbs. snow peas
- 2 tbs. carrot, cut into small dices
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 cup steamed rice
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. white soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground peppercorns
- 1 tbs. dried shredded pork
- Soak rice in cold water for 2 hours. Drain, then spread on several sheets of paper towels to drain more thoroughly. Soak mushrooms in hot water for 30 minutes. Remove and discard stems, squeeze out excess liquid from caps and chop finely. Mix with all remaining ingredients and form into balls about 2.5 cm (1 inch) in diameter. Use wet hands to shape balls.
- Roll each ball in soaked rice, making sure rice sticks to the ball and cover it thoroughly. Steam the rice-covered balls in a steamer (balls should be placed with space between each ball to allow rice to swell) over boiling water for 30 to 35 minutes until rice is cooked.
- Serve hot with a dipping sauce of soy sauce mixed with a few drops of chili oil. Note: Makes 1 serving. A spoonful of chili sauce can also be added for more spicy flavor when frying the rice.