Hom Mali Porcupine Balls
- 1 cup of Thai Hom Mali Rice
- 250gm minced pork and shrimp
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 3 dried mushrooms
- 1 tbsp spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp warm water
- Mix all ingredients and blend well.
- Soak the rice in water for at least two hours, then drain.
- Soak mushrooms in warm water until soft. Chop finely.
- Marinate minced pork and shrimp with oyster sauce, soya sauce and salt, Mix garlic, spring onion and water chestnuts.
- Dampen your hands and gently form a full tablespoon of the pork-shrimp mixture into balls.
- Roll the balls in the rice.
- Line the top tray of a double steamer with a piece of white muslin. Place the balls on it and cook for seven minutes or until done. Serve hot with sauce