Murungaikeerai Rice (Rice with drumstick leaves)
- Rice - 1 cup
- Toor Dal (Thuvaram paruppu) - ¼ cup
- Drumstick leaves - ½ cup
- Fennel seeds - ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Green chillies - 4
- Onion (Medium) - 1
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - for tempering
- Clean and soak dal and rice for 10 minutes.
- Clean and wash the leaves and keep aside.
- Slit green chillies and slice onion.
- Heat oil in a rice cooker, add mustard seeds, chillies and onion, fennel and cumin seeds and turmeric powder. Sauté.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt to the mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add drained rice and dal and cover and cook for 10 minutes.