Brown Rice on Recipes
Fried Brown Rice
- 1½ c leftover brown rice
- 1 tbsp carrot, diced
- ¼ cabbage, cut into strips
- ¼ leftover meat, diced
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- ¼ tsp ginisa mix
- 1 tsp iodized salt to taste
Cooking brown rice (if no leftover rice is available)
- Measure 1 c of brown rice into cooking utensil. Brown rice may be cooked using a rice cooker or cast iron pot (LPG or electric burner).
- Add 2 c water to the brown rice. Let stand for 30 minutes to soak.
- If using rice cooker, leave the cooker undisturbed for 15 minutes.
- If using a cast iron pot, turn knob to high setting. When steaming starts, turn knob to medium setting. When steaming stops, turn knob to low setting. Continue cooking for 20 minutes. For best results, leave the cooked rice undisturbed for 15 minutes.
Cooking of fried pinawa
- Heat cooking oil in a skillet.
- Stir fry meat, carrot and cabbage for 2 minutes.
- Add ginisa mix and stir well.
- Combine brown rice with the mixture and continue cooking for 5 minutes with constant stirring.
- Place iodized salt and mix well.
- Serve warm with your favorite viand and beverage.
Preparation time: Approximately 30 minutes
- Beverage may be coffee, tea, or chocolate
- Best served for breakfast
- Good for three persons
- Proportion of brown rice to water is 1:2
- Soak brow broth and shellfish for beef broth and beef, respectively.
Brown Rice with Vegetable Mix
- 1 c brown rice
- 2 1/4 c water
- 1 pc beef cube
- 1/4 c carrots, cut into strips
- 1/3 c cabbage, cut into strips
- 1/4 c sweet green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 c boiled beef, cut into strips
- 1 t soy sauce
- 1/4 c iodized salt
- 1 T cornstarch
Cooking of vegetable mix
- Boil beef in 1 c water for 20 min.
- Put additional 1 3/4 c water to the boiling beef.
- Add beef cube and continue boiling for 2 min or until cube is dissolved.
- Remove 2 c of broth for soaking rice.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 c broth and set aside.
- To the boiling beef, add carrot, cabbage, and sweet green pepper.
- Cook for 2 min.
- Add soy sauce, salt, and dissolved cornstarch. Stir well.
- Remove from heatand set aside.
Cooking brown rice
- Soak brown rice in 2 c beef broth for 1 hr.
- Cook brown rice in medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Switch to low heat and cook for 10 min longer.
- Switch off burner. Leave undisturbed for 15 min.
- Pack cooked brown rice tightly into a half cup and unmold into a plate.
- Top with 1/4 c of vegetable mixture.
- Repeat steps 5-6 until all cooked brown rice has been packed.
- Serve warm.
Preparation time: Approximately 1 1/2 hr, excluding soaking time
- May be served for lunch and supper
- Good for four persons
- For non-meat eaters, substitute shrimp broth and shellfish for beef broth and beef, respectively.